There is something to be said about first impressions and what better way then with our smiles! Cosmetic dentistry focuses on creating that perfect smile so that the next family photo session won’t have you hiding behind a tree. Each person may have different reasons for looking into cosmetic dentistry and these can range from a chipped tooth to a build up of stains from poor life choices. There are many options available to patients who are interested in improving their overall tooth appearance and these also vary from patient to patient.
Common cosmetic dentistry options
- Tooth whitening – this is the most common cosmetic procedure, and although there are many over the counter products, seeing a professional dentist is still the most advised form or treatment
- Tooth reshaping – removing the enamel from your teeth to essentially reconstruct a tooth due to a chip or an uneven tooth to change the overall appearance of your teeth
- Dental bridges – replacing missing teeth which cannot be removed once inserted unlike partial dentures
- Veeners – custom made porcelain laminates which are bonded directly to the teeth and are an excellent option for closing gaps, enhancing the shape and even changing the colour of teeth if whitening is not a viable option
- Invisalign – an alternative to traditional metal braces, they are comfortable, invisible and easy to clean
Whatever the reason behind cosmetic dentistry, our dental team at Strathcona Dental Works here in Calgary are here to discuss any questions you may have. Our family dental clinic offers a wide range of dental treatments for the whole family and new patients are always welcome. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to book an appointment. We take the bite out of seeing the dentist!