Let’s talk teeth. After all, we are dentists and we love what we do! There are many advantages to having a nice set of white pearls, but we have put together the top 10! So read on, and see why having a nice white smile may not just be for the looks.
TOP 10 Benefits of Straight Teeth
- Better brushing – straight teeth allow for easier flossing and brushing and less chance to trap
food particles in between spaces
- Clear speech – speech impediments may be caused by uneven teeth which can also lead to a decrease in social confidence
- Easier chewing and eating – overlapping teeth may cause problems into your jaw, more so your Tempro-Mandibular Joint (TMJ) which can lead to digestive issues if left unresolved
- Fewer headaches – crowded teeth cause wear and tear which can also lead to an interference with proper TMJ function and trigger ongoing headaches
- Less accident prone teeth – protruding teeth are more likely to break and may interfere with protective mouth guards for those who participate in sports
- Improved gum health – better overall hygiene prevents gum disease which in turn equals less chance of tooth loss
- Better overall health – a healthy mouth means a healthy body, when everything functions together in unison the outcome is a healthier life overall
- Cost effective dental care – fewer dental issues leads to less dental emergencies leads which will save you money in the long haul and allow for more time with the family versus the dentist!
- Lower risk of soft tissue injury – uneven teeth can push into surrounding soft tissues such as the gum line and leave open cuts and soars which can lead to more infections
- Increase self-esteem! – there is no better feeling to see someone smile and be confident in that smile!
These are just a few of the many benefits to having straight teeth. Always remember that your oral health is a key part of your overall health. Give our clinic a call and see what a difference we here at Strathcona Dental Works can do for you to get you smiling and feeling your best!