Dental Implants are a safe alternative to dentures. Although this dental procedure has become one of the most sought after procedures in dentistry you may have some concerns. Our team at Strathcona Dental Works is here to assist in answering any questions you may have when it comes to dental implants. Take a few minutes and read about the benefits and contact us for a consultation.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are an alternative to traditional dentures and are used to replace missing teeth. To begin, the root of the implant is made of titanium (you can read more on titanium here). This titanium rod is inserted directly into the jawbone. Afterwards, a replacement tooth or crown is attached to the anchor until the implant may be inserted a few weeks after healing. Our implants are highly durable and are made to look and feel just like real teeth. In addition to looking and feeling like real teeth, dental implants need to be kept clean. Just like the real thing, it is extremely important to practice good oral health with dental implants. Without a doubt taking care of your dental implants is key to lifelong healthy teeth.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Have you ever wondered how your dental implants may affect your oral health?
- Just like the real thing — Dental implants are made to look, fit and feel as close to your natural teeth as possible.
- Strong and durable — Implants seldom need to be replaced when properly cared for as they are made to last.
- Protect the rest of your smile — Your implants don’t affect neighbouring teeth so you can smile your brightest and take care of your natural teeth without worry.
- Chew comfortably — Unlike dentures, which can make eating certain foods uncomfortable, your dental implants allow you to eat whatever you like.
- Reduce the risk of cavities — We still advise our clients to brush and floss everyday just like you do your natural teeth but at least you won’t have to worry about cavities forming on your implants.
Contact Strathcona Dental Clinic today to learn more about our services. Our friendly and professional team are always providing family-friendly dental care one smile at a time! And we’re always accepting new patients. Book your appointment today!